Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Sunday morning walk in the Italian spring sunshine

I took advantage of a quiet Sunday morning (early start thanks to my lovely full-of-energy kiddies), and went for a walk in the spring sunshine. There were so many flowers (wild and otherwise) that I couldn't resist taking a few photos. And then I thought that perhaps some people are still in winter, or heading into winter, or could just use a little colour...so here they are! Plus a few general views for orientation.
A view of San Michele from La Vignetta

The path in front of me as I wander, singing

Olive trees, because they are all around

A lone poppy - it must be nearly ANZAC Day

Remembering...

Bobbing peony roses

Little yellow roses on a wall

Pretty pink flowers against a wall

More olives and distant hills

I think I will come back to this post in the dead of next winter, just for a breath of freshness and colour.

6 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

A good walk in the spring sunshine is so invigorating. I spotted my first poppy of the year yesterday.

JoGillespie said...

Thanks for your visit, LindyLouMac. Poppies always remind me of my Great Uncle Pat, who was an escaped POW here in Italy during the war. I often wonder if he passed through this area on his way back to the British side...
He would never talk about it...and now it is too late to press.

S Carroll said...

Searching for pics of Italy in spring brought me here -- the pink flowers along the wall are gorgeous!

We (The Town & Gown Players of Athens, Georgia) are preparing to do a community theatre production of ENCHANTED APRIL next season -- would you be willing to let us use this pic as a possible poster image?

JoGillespie said...

Hi S Carroll,
I'd be thrilled for you to use the photo. Can you lift it from the blog, or will I need to send you an email? I have friends here from Georgia, and am very happy to support the arts there! LOL! Let me know, and thanks for finding your way to my blog.

carlotta said...

Dear Jo Gillespie,

I would like to contact you in order to ask you some information regarding your professional experience as teacher.

Could you please send me your email address?

Kind Regards,
Carlotta

carlotta.baccolini@gmail.com

harime said...

Loved it.